The Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) certification forms and notices are now valid until Aug. 31, 2021. DOL didn’t make any substantive changes to the forms, other than the new expiration date. Here they are:
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition (pdf)
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition (pdf)
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave (pdf)
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Current Servicemember – for Military Family Leave (pdf)
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave (pdf)
The DOL must submit its FMLA forms to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval every three years. OMB review is required to ensure the FMLA certification and notice process isn’t too bureaucratic.
While the forms aren’t mandatory, many employers use them. Some employers copy and paste the DOL form into their own form, replacing the DOL logo with their own.
For Cutting-Edge Strategies on Managing Risks and Slashing Insurance Costs visit www.StopBeingFrustrated.com